Fun for the Whole Family
Even the youngest of guests will fall in love with The Grand Del Mar, San Diego’s family-friendly resort. Spend family time at the pool or beach, or entice your child’s sense of wonder with the Explorer’s Club while you enjoy grown-up pursuits — from spa treatments to intimate meals.
Explorer's ClubVisual media, creative outlets and environmental endeavors await children and teens at the Explorer’s Club, where your little adventurers can discover the great outdoors — or indoors. With the latest gaming systems, movies, arts & crafts and a variety of exciting environmental activities, the Explorer’s Club will entertain children and teens while you do your own exploring (and indulging) at The Grand Del Mar.
Learn more about the Explorer's Club >
- Children and family pools feature underwater music and food and beverage service.
- Schedule a hike through Los Peñasquitos Canyon with a knowledgeable naturalist.
- Pack the SPF, and let us drop you off at the beach with towels, chairs and even a picnic lunch.
- Hit the courts with a personalized family tennis lesson, including a variety of fun elements, such as games and music.
Nearby AttractionsSpend some quality time with the family while enjoying the cultural attractions of this world-class Southern California resort and active city of San Diego.
- The world famous San Diego Zoo
- San Diego Wild Animal Park
- SeaWorld Adventure Park
- LEGOLAND California
- Balboa Park and its many museums
- Birch Aquarium
DiningLittle ones will find something that suits their appetite with special children’s menus at Amaya, the Resort Pool, Club M and in the comfort of your guestroom.
GolfSchedule a day on San Diego’s only Tom Fazio golf course with complimentary green fees for children 12 and under when accompanied by an adult or half-price green fees for youths (ages 13-17). Or, develop your budding golfer's skills at The Grand Junior Golf Academy.
Find out more about The Grand Golf Club's junior golf programs >
SpaMake it a mother/daughter day at Haim Salon at San Diego’s “Best Day Spa.” From manicures and pedicures to hair styling and makeup, Haim Salon offers a broad array of services to make you look as radiant as you feel.
Spa guests must be at least 18. However, younger guests are welcome in the salon.